Day 1: Sai Gon – Cho Gao – Ben Tre.
- 7:30 from ….. hotel. You will be amazed by the local activities on the roadside, we drive through the outstanding highway 50 to Can Giuoc town located at Long An province.
- Take a look at the first stop – the Incense factory. That is to say you will be surprised with the process of making incense, step by step our guide will show you how to make an incense stick with the shape of the dragon, pineapple, gold… Learn about the incense culture of Vietnamese and how it’s important.
- Then, going to Long An province, we will explore Local market with a friendly feeling, you can see the specialties surrounding market being sold by the locals with their kind and hospitality.
- Travel to Cho Gao, enjoying the beautiful landscape on the roadside, arriving Cho Gao which is a famous area for the local farm, dragon fruit farm, and beautiful landscapes was known as the Fruit Kingdom of Mekong Delta.
- Have a cup of Vietnamese coffee before exploring the area.
- Take a scooter trip around the village and enjoy the amazing atmosphere in unusually quiet countryside, visit a dragon fruit farms look fresh with white flowers and red fruit. That is to say, you will have a great experience when you harvest and try the dragon fruit directly on the farm (because Dragon fruit is seasonal fruit so sometimes you will enjoy the fruit later, it depends on the season).
- Visit the oldest temples at Hoa Dinh town, listen to many interesting stories about the local religion from the monk.
- Visit the coconut factory, seeing people preprocessing coconut.
- On My Tho Quay arrival, take a wooden boat and cross the Mekong River, have sightseeing with many floating fish farms on the riverside.
- On the other side of the river is Ben Tre province, from the big boat we hop on the sampan boat and go inside the land by canal within the amazing landscape with coconut palm tree looks like a natural tunnel. Next, we get off the boat and take a short trip on the local hamlet on foot, visit the typical house in the Mekong Delta and having lunch with amazing Vietnamese foods there.
- Going back to the van through the Rach Mieu bridge – looking down to the Mekong River to take some wonderful photos of four holy islands and floating fish farm.
- Going back to the van to drive to our homestay.
- After dinner takes a rest and then follow the local guide to watch the Firefly on the sampan boat.
- Overnight at the homestay.
Day 2: Ben Tre – Cho Lach – Can Tho.
- Have breakfast at the homestay.
- Let’s join the amazing experience with the local vehicle – An adventure tour to visit the Brick factory, take some photos with Beautiful Brick Kilns., visit the local house and drink coconut juice was picked by an old man directly front of your eyes.
- Visit the old house with many interesting things was collected by Six – who have a lot of experience about the local culture and Buddhism.
- After that, we will move to the mats weaving village to see locals making mats by hand. Take a short bicycle trip with your local guide to the beautiful village and see the locals daily.
- Get back the homestay and take a rest.
- Lunch will be served with Vietnamese traditional foods. Get back the van and drive to Cho Lach town and take a look at hundreds of flower and fruit plants nursery. Let’s see how the local people are plants some kind of tree from the small seed.
- Arrive Can Tho and check in hotel, Dinner is independent. (Our tour guide will give you recommendations)
- *Note TTC Hotel in Riverside.
Day 3: Soc Trang – Can Tho – Long Xuyen – Chau Doc.
- 04:30 am, Our guide and driver will pick you up in the lobby and drive to Soc Trang province to visit Nga Nam Floating Market in the early morning.
- 06:00 am arrived Nga Nam Town and hop on the traditional long boat to visit the Nga Nam floating market, lets see how the locals they selling their product that just picked in their garden yesterday, Everything you need to do is seat on the boat and take some photos with the noisy atmosphere and enjoy a cup of coffee by the “coffee man” – he living on his boat. For sure you will be amazed by the sound mixed from many boats and understand why the best time to visit Nga Nam floating market is early in the morning when the sun is crawling up east and many locals are already there, ready for trading – boats after boats. You can find just almost anything – from rice, meat, fresh fruits and another staple to TV and electronic goods. Nga Nam is undoubtedly one of the busiest floating markets in the South of Vietnam.
- Get back the hotel, have breakfast and take a rest.
- 10:00 am Leave Can Tho City to drive to Long Xuyen city and take a look at the colorful Caodaism temple – a special religion was established in the South during the Vietnam War. Then continued to drive to Chau Doc.
- Arrive Chau Doc, we will have lunch with traditional foods at the local family. After that we walk to Tra Su Cajuput Forest – The forest includes an 845 ha special-purpose forest surrounded by a 645 ha buffer zone. It is the habitat for many colonies of water birds, bats and various others such as rare and endangered animals and reptile species.
- Everything you need to do just takes a seat on a speedboat and leisurely round trip to all the significant sites throughout the ecological forest. You can view the lovely landscape as the scenery drifts along both river banks, enjoy the fresh air as well as listen to the magical music as performed by the birds of the forest and other jungle insects and animals.
- Then drive back to Nui Sam and check in the Victoria Nui Sam Hotel.
- Overnight and have dinner at your hotel (Dinner is independent)
Day 4: Chau Doc – Dong Thap – Sai Gon
- 07:15 am after breakfast at the hotel, then follow the guide to hop on the wooden boat and go along Chau Doc river, let’s see a hundred of the fish farm. Most of the villages are located on the banks of the rivers. Normally the people will choose the part of the river where the flowing of water is slowest because it is suitable for fish breeding catfish and safe for their house to avoid flowing.
- Then hop on the river bank and visit Cham Minority village.
- Dong Thap Province, on the way you will enjoy the sightseeing on the side road, take a look at Frog farm, Catfish farm and many Lotus fields on the small road running between the fields, Let’s try the amazing steam corn was cook directly by local people.
- Continue our trip to visit the colorful Caodaism temple – a special combination from 5 main religions in the world was established in Mekong Delta during the Vietnam War.
- Lunch will be served with Vietnamese traditional foods.
- Get back the van and drive back to Sai Gon, Along the way back, we will enjoy the green color of paddy fields and lotus fields. Then join the Trung Luong freeway and go straight to Sai Gon.
- Your trip will end when you arrive at the hotel around 05:00 pm.
- Private modern car or van with air-conditioning.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Lunch will be served with Vietnamese food and beer or soft drink.
- Private bike/scooters trip.
- Private traditional long boat for visit floating market.
- Enjoy local food at floating market.
- Tropical fresh fruit bought at the local market for lunch’s dessert.
- 3 water bottles per person per day.
- Souvenir as a gift.
- Personal expenses not mentioned in the program.
- Travel insurance.
- Tipping is optional. However, if you have a wonderful experience as well as satisfied with our services, the locals served you will very happy if they can receive a tip as thanks from you.
- Sports shoes and sandals with straps are recommended during the trip because you will be moving on boats/scooters, enjoy strolling and avoid the damage caused by rough terrain.
- According to Vietnam’s Laws, your payment would be equivalently converted into Vietnamese Dong – basing on the current exchange rates of Vietcombank.
- Please take your passport(s) with you for the hotel check-in (If any).
- If you join Mekong long days tour, the new road may get bumpy at some parts. On the other hand, it may be hard to find clean restrooms on the way because the new route is not that much populated as yet. You should inform the guide around 10 minutes ahead if you need to use restrooms.
- Some parts of the Mekong Delta are not that green during the dry season. On the way, our tour guide will tell you where you are, which season, and what special at that province.
- In addition, the weather can be very hot and humid from April to early-June. Please bring along a good brimmed hat and sun-cream for the bike/scooter ride and strolling.
- We will visit Cao Dai Temple on this tour. Wearing shorts is ok, however, not too short. On the other hand, you should cover your shoulders while visiting the temple.
- Most importantly, there will be no shopping, no commercial, and less touristy on this tour.
- If you feel dissatisfied with the services provided by your local guide and driver, please let us know. Thank you very much.
“We know you have a world full of choices. But, thank you for selecting us today…” – Jason Tran.