"We did a day trip to the Mekong Delta with Breath of the Mekong tours and it was a massive highlight of our Vietnam experience. The tour was excellent, personalized and well designed. The guide has excellent English and very good local knowledge. I'll definitely be back and would love to do another tour with them." - Annie (Tripadvisor).
Duration trip: 2 Days, from 07:30 am to 05:00 pm.
Transport: Modern air-conditioned private vehicle.
Depart and End: Sai Gon.
The Breath Of The Mekong Tours will take you to a real Mekong Delta, which is the most amazing and awesome authentic experiences that you have never seen before. In addition, you will have a great time to enjoy the atmosphere in the countryside, with a bike trip goes straight the paddy fields then pass on the ferry to visit dragon fruit farm and see how the local plants it, you can pick and eat dragon fruit right there (depend on the season). It’s will be a big surprise for you to go along the Mekong river, you will be amazed by a lot of floating fish farms, fishing boats, and islands. A small sampan boat takes you to a small canal with coconut palm tree look like a tunnel.
Overnight at Viet Uc Riverside Hotel located on Ham Luong river bank. In the next morning, we will move around this area by wooden boat and visit the coconut candy factory, brick factory, mats weaving handicraft factory, then we take a short sampan trip to enjoy the natural atmosphere, drive to Cho Lach town to visit the flower and fruit plants nursery.
Highlight Destination On Tour
- Overnight at premium hotel in Riverside
- Caodaism Temple, Vinh Trang Pagoda
- Ben Tre Night Market
- Exploring Coconut Kingdom by Boat
- Brick Factory, Coconut Candy Factory, Nursery Farm
Please chat with us to get the price for your family (Based on group size, number, and age of people…)
*Rates are in USD per person. Your payment will be converted into VND in accordance with Vietnam’s Commercial Law. Please click here for Vietcombank’s current exchange rates (updated daily)
**Online transaction/wiring/banking fees are NOT included in the tour prices.
Day 1: Sai Gon – Cho Gao – Ben Tre
- 7:30 from ….. hotel. You will be amazed by the local activities on the roadside, we drive through the outstanding highway 50 to Can Giuoc town located at Long An province.
- Take a look at the first stop – the Incense factory. That is to say you will be surprised with the process of making incense, step by step our guide will show you how to make an incense stick with the shape of the dragon, pineapple, gold… Learn about the incense culture of Vietnamese and how it’s important.
- Continue our trip to visit the colorful Caodaism temple – a special combination from 5 main religions in the world was established in Mekong Delta during the Vietnam War.
- Then, going to Long An province, we will explore Local market with a friendly feeling, you can see the specialties surrounding market being sold by the locals with their kind and hospitality.
- Travel to Cho Gao, enjoying the beautiful landscape on the roadside, arriving Cho Gao which is a famous area for the local farm, dragon fruit farm, and beautiful landscapes was known as the Fruit Kingdom of Mekong Delta.
- Have a cup of Vietnamese coffee before exploring the area.
- Take a scooter trip around the village and enjoy the amazing atmosphere in unusually quiet countryside, visit a dragon fruit farms look fresh with white flowers and red fruit. That is to say, you will have a great experience when you harvest and try the dragon fruit directly on the farm (because Dragon fruit is seasonal fruit so sometimes you will enjoy the fruit later, it depends on the season).
- Visit the oldest temples at Hoa Dinh town, listen to many interesting stories about the local religion from the monk.
- Visit the coconut factory, seeing people preprocessing coconut.
- On My Tho Quay arrival, take a wooden boat and cross the Mekong River, have sightseeing with many floating fish farms on the riverside.
- On the other side of the river is Ben Tre province, from the big boat we hop on the sampan boat and go inside the land by canal within the amazing landscape with coconut palm tree looks like a natural tunnel. Next, we get off the boat and take a short trip on the local hamlet on foot, visit the typical house in the Mekong Delta and having lunch with amazing Vietnamese foods there.
- Going back to the van through the Rach Mieu bridge – looking down to the Mekong River to take some wonderful photos of four holy islands and floating fish farm.
- Going back to the van to drive to check in our hotel on the Ham Luong’s river bank.
- Dinner is independent
- Note: Hotel Việt Úc, 3-star in Riverside
Day 2: Ben Tre – Cho Lach – Sai Gon
- Have breakfast at the homestay and then take a wooden boat trip to go along the Mekong river, you will enjoy the atmosphere with the fresh wind from the river and enjoy fresh coconut juice on the boat.
- Hop on the land and visit the coconut candy factory, lets see how the locals they making candy with traditional methods, the visit the brick factory and learn to make a brisk, take some photos with beautiful brick kiln, after that we will moving to the mats weaving factory to see locals making mats by hand, today you will have an unforgettable experience with a small sampan boat are rowing by hand. Get back the homestay and take a rest.
- To take a stroll in the beautiful village and see the locals daily activities.
- Lunch will be served with Vietnamese traditional foods.
- Get back the van and drive to Cho Lach town and take a look at hundreds of flower and fruit plants nursery. Let’s see how the local people they are plants some kind of tree from the small seed.
- Get back the van and dive back to Sai Gon.
- Your trip will end when you arrive at your hotel around 05:00 pm.
- Private modern car or van with air-conditioning.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Lunch will be served with Vietnamese food and beer or soft drink.
- Private bike/scooters trip.
- Private wooden boat and sampan boat.
- Private biking trip.
- Tropical fresh fruit bought at the local market for lunch’s dessert.
- 3 water bottles per person per day.
- Souvenir as a gift.
- Personal expenses not mentioned in the program.
- Travel insurance.
- Tipping is optional. However, if you have a wonderful experience as well as satisfied with our services, the locals served you will very happy if they can receive a tip as thanks from you.
- Sports shoes and sandals with straps are recommended during the trip because you will be moving on boats/scooters, enjoy strolling and avoid the damage caused by rough terrain.
- According to Vietnam’s Laws, your payment would be equivalently converted into Vietnamese Dong – basing on the current exchange rates of Vietcombank.
- Please take your passport(s) with you for the hotel check-in (If any).
- If you join Mekong long days tour, the new road may get bumpy at some parts. On the other hand, it may be hard to find clean restrooms on the way because the new route is not that much populated as yet. You should inform the guide around 10 minutes ahead if you need to use restrooms.
- Some parts of the Mekong Delta are not that green during the dry season. On the way, our tour guide will tell you where you are, which season, and what special at that province.
- In addition, the weather can be very hot and humid from April to early-June. Please bring along a good brimmed hat and sun-cream for the bike/scooter ride and strolling.
- We will visit Cao Dai Temple on this tour. Wearing shorts is ok, however, not too short. On the other hand, you should cover your shoulders while visiting the temple.
- Most importantly, there will be no shopping, no commercial, and less touristy on this tour.
- If you feel dissatisfied with the services provided by your local guide and driver, please let us know. Thank you very much.
“We know you have a world full of choices. But, thank you for selecting us today…” – Jason Tran.