"It was amazing! We went to a lot of traditional and interesting places, including several Temples and Pagodas where Jason explained to us a lot of things related to legends and Buddhism that allowed us to understand better Vietnamese culture. We also went to a traditional market where we finally learned about all the items the merchants were selling. The floating market we visited the next day was very special and we really enjoyed the boat trip." - Carlotarp (Tripadvisor).
Duration trip: 2 Days, from 07:30 am to 05:00 pm.
Transport: Modern air-conditioned private vehicle.
Depart and End: Sai Gon.
The Breath Of The Mekong Tours will take you to a real Mekong Delta, which is the most amazing and awesome authentic experiences that you have never seen before. In addition, you will have a great time to enjoy the atmosphere in the countryside, with a bike trip goes straight the paddy fields then pass on the ferry to visit dragon fruit farm and see how the local plants it, you can pick and eat dragon fruit right there (depend on the season). It’s will be a big surprise for you to go along the Mekong river, you will be amazed by a lot of floating fish farms, fishing boats, and islands. A small sampan boat takes you to a small canal with coconut palm tree look like a tunnel.
Overnight at a luxury hotel on the river bank, enjoy the nightlife of Can Tho city, free to explore the night market and strolling on the windy river bank at night. Week up early in the next morning, hop on a traditional long boat and visit a couple of floating market – Phong Dien and Cai Rang, then drive to Dong Thap and enjoy the beautiful landscape of this area which was known as Lotus Kingdom of the country, try the steam corn here and visit the Caodaism temple before lunchtime…
Highlight Destination On Tour
- Overnight at premium hotel in Riverside
- Cai Rang and Phong Dien Floating Market
- Lotus Kingdom and awesome specialties
- Traditional long boat surrounding Can Tho
- Caodaidm Temple, Frog/Fish/Lotus Farm
Please chat with us to get the price for your family (Based on group size, number, and age of people…)
*Rates are in USD per person. Your payment will be converted into VND in accordance with Vietnam’s Commercial Law. Please click here for Vietcombank’s current exchange rates (updated daily)
**Online transaction/wiring/banking fees are NOT included in the tour prices.
Day 1: Sai Gon – Cho Gao – Can Tho
- 7:30 from ….. hotel. You will be amazed by the local activities on the roadside, we drive through the outstanding highway 50 to Can Giuoc town located at Long An province.
- Take a look at the first stop – the Incense factory. That is to say you will be surprised with the process of making incense, step by step our guide will show you how to make an incense stick with the shape of the dragon, pineapple, gold… Learn about the incense culture of Vietnamese and how it’s important to Vietnamese.
- Then, going to Long An province, we will explore Local market with a friendly feeling, you can see the specialties surrounding market being sold by the locals with their kind and hospitality.
- Travel to Cho Gao, enjoying the beautiful landscape on the roadside, arriving Cho Gao which is a famous area for the local farm, dragon fruit farm, and beautiful landscapes was known as the Fruit Kingdom of Mekong Delta.
- Have a cup of Vietnamese coffee before exploring the area.
- Take a scooter trip around the village and enjoy the amazing atmosphere in unusually quiet countryside, visit a dragon fruit farms look fresh with white flowers and red fruit. That is to say, you will have a great experience when you harvest and try the dragon fruit directly on the farm (because Dragon fruit is seasonal fruit so sometimes you will enjoy the fruit later, it depends on the season).
- Visit the oldest temples at Hoa Dinh town, listen to many interesting stories about the local religion from the monk.
- Visit the coconut factory, seeing people preprocessing coconut.
- On My Tho Quay arrival, take a wooden boat and cross the Mekong River, have sightseeing with many floating fish farms on the riverside.
- On the other side of the river is Ben Tre province, from the big boat we hop on the sampan boat and go inside the land by canal within the amazing landscape with coconut palm tree looks like a natural tunnel. Next, we get off the boat and take a short trip on the local hamlet on foot, visit the typical house in the Mekong Delta and having lunch with amazing Vietnamese foods there.
- Going back to the van through the Rach Mieu bridge – looking down to the Mekong River to take some wonderful photos of four holy islands and floating fish farm.
- Going back to the van to drive to Can Tho City.
- Arrive Can Tho and check in hotel, Dinner is independent.
- (Our tour guide will give you recommendations)
Day 2: Phong Dien – Cai Rang – Dong Thap – Sai Gon.
- 05:30 am, Our guide and driver will pick you up in the lobby and drive to Phong Dien Town in the early morning.
- 06:00 am arrived Phong Dien and hop on the traditional long boat to visit the Phong Dien and Cai Rang floating market, lets see how the locals they selling their product that just picking in the garden yesterday, you just seat on the boat and take some photos with the noisy atmosphere and enjoy a cup of coffee by the “coffee man” – he living on the boat. Phong Dien is smaller to compere with Cai Rang but for sure you will be amazed by the sound mixed from many ice boat, meats boat, watermelon boat, coffee boat, rice noodle boat…
- Leave the Cai Rang market, let’s take a look at the other market on the river bank to compare, you will very excited and understand why local people still keep trading on the Mekong river.
- Get back the hotel, have breakfast and take a rest.
- 10:00 am Leave Can Tho City to drive to Dong Thap Province, on the way you will enjoy the sightseeing on the side road, take a look at Frog farm, Catfish farm and many Lotus fields on the small road running between the fields, Let’s try the amazing steam corn was cook directly by local people, then we will drive to Caodaism temple in time to see how the followers practice their religion – a special religion was established in the South during the Vietnam War.
- Lunch will be served with Vietnamese traditional foods.
- Get back the van and drive back to Sai Gon, Along the way back, we will enjoy the green color of paddy fields and lotus fields. Then join the Trung Luong freeway and go straight to Sai Gon.
- Your trip will end when you arrive at the hotel around 05:00 pm.
- Private modern car or van with air-conditioning.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Lunch will be served with Vietnamese food and beer or soft drink.
- Private bike/scooters trip.
- Private traditional long boat for visit floating market.
- Enjoy local food at floating market.
- Tropical fresh fruit bought at the local market for lunch’s dessert.
- 3 water bottles per person per day.
- Souvenir as a gift.
- Personal expenses not mentioned in the program.
- Travel insurance.
- Tipping is optional. However, if you have a wonderful experience as well as satisfied with our services, the locals served you will very happy if they can receive a tip as thanks from you.
- Sports shoes and sandals with straps are recommended during the trip because you will be moving on boats/scooters, enjoy strolling and avoid the damage caused by rough terrain.
- According to Vietnam’s Laws, your payment would be equivalently converted into Vietnamese Dong – basing on the current exchange rates of Vietcombank.
- Please take your passport(s) with you for the hotel check-in (If any).
- If you join Mekong long days tour, the new road may get bumpy at some parts. On the other hand, it may be hard to find clean restrooms on the way because the new route is not that much populated as yet. You should inform the guide around 10 minutes ahead if you need to use restrooms.
- Some parts of the Mekong Delta are not that green during the dry season. On the way, our tour guide will tell you where you are, which season, and what special at that province.
- In addition, the weather can be very hot and humid from April to early-June. Please bring along a good brimmed hat and sun-cream for the bike/scooter ride and strolling.
- We will visit Cao Dai Temple on this tour. Wearing shorts is ok, however, not too short. On the other hand, you should cover your shoulders while visiting the temple.
- Most importantly, there will be no shopping, no commercial, and less touristy on this tour.
- If you feel dissatisfied with the services provided by your local guide and driver, please let us know. Thank you very much.
“We know you have a world full of choices. But, thank you for selecting us today…” – Jason Tran.