"Did you know? "Tunnel rats," as American soldiers who worked in the Cu Chi tunnels during the Vietnam War were known, used the evocative term "black echo" to describe the experience of being in the tunnels." - history.com.
- Departures time: 7:00 AM and 1:00 PM
- Transportation: Modern air-conditioned private vehicle
- Services: Private Tour
In all, at least 45,000 Vietnamese men and women are said to have sacrificed to defending the Cu Chi tunnels over the course of the Vietnam War. In the years following the fall of Saigon in 1975, the Vietnamese government preserved the Cu Chi tunnels and included them in a network of war memorial parks around the country.
Experience to crawl through some of the safer areas of the tunnels, view command centers and booby traps, fire an AK-47 rifle on a firing range (Excluded) and even eat a meal featuring typical foods that soldiers living in the tunnels would have eaten. Have lunch before depart/end the tour.
Highlight Of The Tour
- Learning about The Vietnam War
- Fire an AK-47 rifle **
- 2 Hours Explore The Cuchi Town
- Experience Through The “Rat Tunnel”
- Beautiful Countryside
- 7:30 from ….. hotel. Enjoy the beautiful countryside on the way to Cu Chi (60km). Peacefully villages, paddy field and thousand of rubble tree on the roadside.
- You will visit a part of the tunnel was digging during the Vietnam War at “iron land“. At its peak during the Vietnam War, the network of tunnels in the Cu Chi district linked VC support bases over a distance of some 250 kilometers, from the outskirts of Saigon all the way to the Cambodian border
- In heavily bombed areas, people spent much of their life underground, and the Cu Chi tunnels grew to house entire underground villages, in effect, with living quarters, kitchens, ordnance factories, hospitals, and bomb shelters.
- After spending around 2 hours to visit Cu Chi Tunnel and surrounding, we will watch a short documentary film and learn more about the VC life during the war at Cu Chi.
- Heading off for Saigon (60km). Have lunch with awesome Vietnamese Pancake/Noodle Soup/Pho. Your trip will end when you arrive at your hotel around 1:00 pm.
Please chat with us to get the price for your family (Based on group size, number, and age of people…)
*Rates are in USD per person. Your payment will be converted into VND in accordance with Vietnam’s Commercial Law. Please click here for Vietcombank’s current exchange rates (updated daily)
**Online transaction/wiring/banking fees are NOT included in the tour prices.
- Private modern car or van with air-conditioning.
- All entrance fees
- English speaking tour guide.
- Lunch will be served with Vietnamese food and beer or soft drink.
- 2 water bottles per person.
- Souvenir as a gift.
- Any personal expenses not mentioned in the program.
- Visitors can fire some old types of the rifle at Cu Chi shooting range (exclusive cost for bullets, under-18-year-old children are not allowed to shoot the guns!)
- Travel insurance.
- Tipping is optional – if you have a wonderful experience as well as satisfied with our services, local guide and driver, it will be complimentary for offering a tip.
- Depart early at 7:00 am, hopefully, to beat the crowd from the bus tours and avoid heavy traffic. Because Cu Chi Tunnel is the most popular destination in Saigon, welcome around 1000 pax every day.
- Warning our guests NOT to going down the tunnels if they are:
- Visitors with historical medical problems with cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, or such respiratory disease as asthma, tuberculosis…, arthritis, rheumatism
- Visitors are afraid of darkness, and narrow places
- Women with pregnancy, Infants, and babies from the first month to before 3 years old,
- Visitors of old age ( 70 years old and over)
- Visitors with alcoholic drunkenness