"This is an interesting trip which our family really enjoyed an eye-opener. In addition, we also know the history of the Mekong river and really an eye opener for us. We would like to share with those who prefer excitement and. Wanted to know about Mekong river, for us to know and for everyone to find out" - LeeS (Tripadvisor).
Duration trip: Full-day, from 07:30am to 05:00pm.
Transport: Modern air-conditioned private vehicle.
Depart and End: Sai Gon.
The Breath Of The Mekong Tours will take you to a real Mekong Delta, which is the most amazing and awesome authentic experiences that you have never seen before.
Certainly, you will have a great time to enjoy the atmosphere in the countryside, with a bike trip goes straight the paddy fields then pass on the ferry to visit dragon fruit farm and see how the local plants it, you can pick and eat dragon fruit right there (depend on the season).
It’s will be a big surprise for you to go along the Mekong river, you will be amazed by a lot of floating fish farms, fishing boats, and islands. A small sampan boat takes you to the small canal with coconut palm tree look like a tunnel…
Highlight Destination On Tour
- Visit Incense Factory
- Caodaism and Stories behind the temple
- Bustling local market
- Scooter trip visits fruit farm
- 2 boat trip on Mekong River
Please chat with us to get the price for your family (Based on group size, number, and age of people…)
*Rates are in USD per person. Your payment will be converted into VND in accordance with Vietnam’s Commercial Law. Please click here for Vietcombank’s current exchange rates (updated daily)
**Online transaction/wiring/banking fees are NOT included in the tour prices.
- 7:30 from ….. hotel. You will be amazed by the local activities on the roadside, we drive through the outstanding highway 50 to Can Giuoc town located at Long An province.
- Take a look at the first stop – the Incense factory. That is to say you will be surprised with the process of making incense, step by step our guide will show you how to make an incense stick with the shape of the dragon, pineapple, gold… Learn about the incense culture of Vietnamese and how it’s important.
- Continue our trip to visit the colorful Caodaism temple – a special combination from 5 main religions in the world was established in Mekong Delta during the Vietnam War.
- Then, going to Long An province, we will explore Local market with a friendly feeling, you can see the specialties surrounding market being sold by the locals with their kind and hospitality.
- Travel to Cho Gao, enjoying the beautiful landscape on the roadside, arriving Cho Gao which is a famous area for the local farm, dragon fruit farm, and beautiful landscapes was known as the Fruit Kingdom of Mekong Delta.
- Have a cup of Vietnamese coffee before exploring the area.
- Take a scooter trip around the village and enjoy the amazing atmosphere in unusually quiet countryside, visit a dragon fruit farms look fresh with white flowers and red fruit. That is to say, you will have a great experience when you harvest and try the dragon fruit directly on the farm (because Dragon fruit is seasonal fruit so sometimes you will enjoy the fruit later, it depends on the season).
- Visit the oldest temples at Hoa Dinh town, listen to many interesting stories about the local religion from the monk.
- Visit the coconut factory, seeing people preprocessing coconut.
- On My Tho Quay arrival, take a wooden boat and cross the Mekong River, have sightseeing with many floating fish farms on the riverside.
- On the other side of the river is Ben Tre province, from the big boat we hop on the sampan boat and go inside the land by canal within the amazing landscape with coconut palm tree looks like a natural tunnel. Next, we get off the boat and take a short trip on the local hamlet on foot, visit the typical house in the Mekong Delta and having lunch with amazing Vietnamese foods there.
- Going back to the van through the Rach Mieu bridge – looking down to the Mekong River to take some wonderful photos of four holy islands and floating fish farm. Subsequently, we will follow the freeway to come back Sai Gon.
- In conclusion, your trip will end when you arrive at your hotel around 05:00 pm.
- Private modern car or van with air-conditioning.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Lunch will serve with Vietnamese food and beer or soft drink.
- Private wooden boat and sampan boat.
- Private bicycle or scooter trip with drivers.
- Tropical fresh fruit bought at the local market for lunch’s dessert.
- 2 water bottles per person.
- Souvenir as a gift.
- Personal expenses not mentioned in the program.
- Travel insurance.
- Tipping is optional. However, if you have a wonderful experience as well as satisfied with our services, the locals served you will very happy if they can receive a tip as thanks from you.
- Sports shoes and sandals with straps are recommended during the trip because you will be moving on boats/scooters, enjoy strolling and avoid the damage caused by rough terrain.
- According to Vietnam’s Laws, your payment would be equivalently converted into Vietnamese Dong – basing on the current exchange rates of Vietcombank.
- Please take your passport(s) with you for the hotel check-in (If any).
- If you join Mekong long days tour, the new road may get bumpy at some parts. On the other hand, it may be hard to find clean restrooms on the way because the new route is not that much populated as yet. You should inform the guide around 10 minutes ahead if you need to use restrooms.
- Some parts of the Mekong Delta are not that green during the dry season. On the way, our tour guide will tell you where you are, which season, and what special at that province.
- In addition, the weather can be very hot and humid from April to early-June. Please bring along a good brimmed hat and sun-cream for the bike/scooter ride and strolling.
- We will visit Cao Dai Temple on this tour. Wearing shorts is ok, however, not too short. On the other hand, you should cover your shoulders while visiting the temple.
- Most importantly, there will be no shopping, no commercial, and less touristy on this tour.
- If you feel dissatisfied with the services provided by your local guide and driver, please let us know. Thank you very much.
“We know you have a world full of choices. But, thank you for selecting us today…” – Jason Tran.