"Thank you Breath Of The Mekong Tours. They were welcoming, indeed. They smiled at me and always made an effort to help me find the place I was looking for. They were glad to pose for pictures. Whenever they saw me take out my camera, they called out and asked to be photographed (and taking pictures of the everyday life of the locals is one of the nicest things to do in Saigon). They seemed way more cheerful than their cousins from the North." - Traveller
- Departure time: 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM
- Duration: Full Day.
- Transportation: Modern air-conditioned private vehicle
- Services: Private Tour
- Bird Coffee – Saigonese’s Bird Club.
- Local Flower Wholesale Market and Cambodian Market.
- Cho Lon – The Biggest Market in Saigon.
- Tian Hou Temple – God of the Sea.
- Awesome Lunch with Pho/Pancake.
- War Remnants Museum.
- Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Central Post Office.
- Ben Thanh Market.
Located on the Saigon River, Ho Chi Minh City is Vietnam’s major port and largest city, with an estimated population of over 11 million people, most of whom cruise the town’s clogged arteries on an estimated eight million motorbikes. True to its reputation, the city is noisy, crowded, and bustling, but the central business district is rapidly developing in steel-and-glass precision to rival any city on the globe. The old Saigon still survives in wide downtown avenues flanked by pristine colonials. Hectic and eclectic, Ho Chi Minh City has an attitude all its own. Let’s follow us to explore the city in a local way.
Highlight Of The Tour
- Explore All About Saigon in One Day
- War Remnants Museum
- Bird Coffee – Saigonese’s Bird Club
- Flower Wholesale Market
- The Biggest Market in Saigon
- 7:30 am from ….. hotel. Joining a short cyclo trip from your hotel to the Bird Coffee.
- Finding peace with the songbirds of Saigon at Tao Dan Park. The incessant buzz of scooters is muted to a dull hum by the trees, providing a welcome respite from the city’s most familiar – and mildly irritating – noise.
- Sit on the cyclo, slowly moving to the wholesale flower market.
- Visit Ho Thi Ky Flower Market which is the main hub from which most of the city’s flowers are bought and sold. Hop on the van/car and going to Saigon China Town located in District 5.
- Along with the interesting historical and cultural aspect of Cholon, Binh Tay Market is great for experiencing the local lifestyle and sampling unique Vietnamese-Chinese delicacies.
- Visit Tian Hou Temple. Which is the oldest temple in Saigon, the roof is decorated with small, delicately fashioned porcelain figurines expressing themes from Chinese religion and legends. Lanterns and wooden models of Chinese theaters hang over the entrance.
- Having lunch with Vietnamese Pho/Pancake/Foods.
- After lunchtime, we keep visiting the War Remnants Museum – The museum first opened to the public in 1975. Once known as the ‘Museum of American War Crimes’, it’s a shocking reminder of the long and brutal Vietnam War.
- Moving to Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica. Established between 1863 and 1880 by French colonists, the central Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral is one of the most famous landmarks in Ho Chi Minh City
**Update, the current Notre Dame Cathedral is undergoing large-scale renovation, the renovation is expected to last for 2 years (6/2017-end 2019). The Masses are still held weekly but guests are not allowed to visit for safety. You can still admire the scenery or take pictures from afar.
- Then, pass the street to visit the Design and construction of Saigon Central Post Office. The post office features a unique, bright yellow exterior framed with white trim. Curved windows are elegantly framed with green shutters and a large clock is featured prominently at the building’s main entrance.
- After spending time there. Visit Ben Thanh Market for shopping heaven head to the market preferably to pick up some bargains including lacquer ware, bamboo goods, arts, and crafts.
- Our service end at your hotel at 05:00 pm.
|Rates are in USD per person||1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax
|Adults / pax||180||80||75||70||65||60||55
|Children 6-11 years||Null||60||55||50||45||40||35
|Children 3-5 years||Null||40||35||30||25||20||15
|Under 3 years old||FOC
*Rates are in USD per person. Your payment will be converted into VND in accordance with Vietnam’s Commercial Law. Please click here for Vietcombank’s current exchange rates (updated daily)
**Online transaction/wiring/banking fees are NOT included in the tour prices.
- Private modern car or van with air-conditioning.
- Cyclo trip with drivers.
- All entrance fees and services fees.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Lunch will be served with Vietnamese food and beer or soft drink.
- 2 water bottles per person.
- Souvenir as a gift.
- Any personal expenses not mentioned in the program.
- Visitors can fire some old types of the rifle at Cu Chi shooting range (exclusive cost for bullets, under-18-year-old children are not allowed to shoot the guns!)
- Travel insurance.
- Tipping is optional – if you have a wonderful experience as well as satisfied with our services, local guide and driver, it will be complimentary for offering a tip.
- Update, the current Notre Dame Cathedral is undergoing large-scale renovation, the renovation is expected to last for 2 years (6/2017-end 2019). The Masses are still held weekly but guests are not allowed to visit for safety. You can still admire the scenery or take pictures from afar.
- While touring, your luggage will be safe in the car with our driver. However, we are NOT responsible for your money, jewelry, cell phones, and any other valuable belongings.
- Some of the stops can be slightly changed, depends on the actual time of travel and the weather.
- Pickup and drop-off from the city center.